National Association of Minority Contractors – Wisconsin Chapter (NAMC-WI)
Director of Infrastructure Business Development
Status: Full-Time (40+ hours a week) / Independent Contractor / Consultant
Pay Range: $80,000 – $100,000 Annual (range commensurate with experience)
The Director of Infrastructure Business Development will serve on a full-time basis as a key staff member for National Association of Minority Contractors –Wisconsin Chapter (NAMC-WI) and is responsible for the success of NAMC-WI. Together, the Board Director of Infrastructure & Business Development will assure NAMC-WI’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of NAMC-WI’s mission and vision, and the accountability of NAMC-WI to its diverse constituents.
The NAMC-WI Board will delegate responsibility for management and day-to-day administrative operations to the Director of Infrastructure Business Development in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
The Director of Infrastructure & Business Development is a full time contract position. The Director of Infrastructure & Business Development will assist the NAMC-WI Board of Directors, necessary partners and staff in its work to benefit Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), Small Business Enterprises (SBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) as appropriate. This position will operate NAMC-WI in accordance with its Bylaws, existing procedures, Wisconsin state laws, and Federal laws as a proper organization.
• Contribute to the financial development and management of NAMC-WI.
• Represent the NAMC-WI in industry-group conferences, including but not limited to: WisDOT, City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, State of Wisconsin and professional associations.
• Identify, secure, and expand strategic long-term national and local Corporate Member engagements.
• Technical Assistance Development & Implementation
Plan, engage and assist in the implementation of capacity-building services to construction owned MBE’s, DBE’s and SBE’s with subject-matter experts.
Provide leadership in the DBE, SBE, MBE Certification and Services; identify, secure, and expand strategic long-term DBE, SBE, MBE relationships. Ensure a continuous pipeline of qualified prospective DBE, SBE, and MBE businesses.
• Partner with the President to conduct visits, prescribes solutions for business development to key corporations and DBE, SBE, MBE decision makers.
• Identify, understand, and communicate relevant information on opportunities, market trends and drivers (budget, regulatory, policy) of NAMC-WI DBE, SBE, and MBE to recommend growth areas for DBE, SBE, MBE and increased participation by Corporate Members.
• In partnership with the Board President, identify partnering and teaming relationships with infrastructure industry and establish core group of small business partners.
- Takes the lead on planning the Industrial Construction Sector. NAMC-WI will leverage new innovations in modular manufacturing, zero-net energy building construction to address the need for affordable housing units for families in the region. NAMC-WI will assist The Manufacturing Diversity Institute and The Ethnic and Diverse Business Coalition.
• Maintain open and continuous lines of communication with President and Board, keeping the President informed of all issues regarding the region’s infrastructure related projects – opportunities for diverse participation.
• Business Development and Capacity Building Experience for MBE, DBE and SBE’s preferred.
- Understand how to leverage diverse business certifications and the construction industry required.
- Fund development and business management experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in supplier development, advocacy, supplier diversity, and /or supply chain management
- Excellent organization, presentation, and written communication skills and attention to detail
Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Experience writing proposals, business documents, newsletter articles, media advisories, press releases and PowerPoint presentations preferred.
• Local travel primarily in Southeastern Wisconsin but capability to travel throughout the entire State of Wisconsin and attend national and regional events, seminars, workshops and construction sites.
• Innovative and creative thinking; analytical skills.
• Negotiation skills; problem solving skills.
• Required during busy seasons to work evenings and weekend, along with regular business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in construction, business, nonprofit operations, or related areas
- Proximity to Greater Milwaukee Area a plus.
*Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
Send Resume to [email protected] or call (414)543-4545